I went to Peter Lugers (famous NYC steak place) and I'll say it didn't disappoint. Make sure you bring your cash because they do not take credit cards, also some singles to tip the *mandatory* valet parking guys. We got a steak for 4 (170 bucks) and 3 sides to split amongst us plus dessert. The steak we had was amazing, very good. Was very tender with great flavor, not something you could do yourself.
If you read reviews you will notice the comments on the wait staff. Words such as cantankerous come to my mind when thinking on it. Our waiter was an older gentlemen (like every other waiter there) and was quite short and direct with everything. He was getting annoyed that one of our party was late getting in. Didn't matter much for him, it was slow and we had a reservation that was towards the end of the night so its not like he was missing out on business because he was late. Then we got our bill, the total was 264 bucks, not bad, I was anticipating more. We all had 20's of course and paid our share, 80 each. So we were expecting change back. We were a little surprised haha. He took the 320 dollars and said "thank you very much" with a finality that accompanies a waiter/waitress who takes the bill and money after you have said "You're all set." He didn't not return with change. Haha most of us there were not of the cheap persuasion so we weren't really miffed. Guess he just helped himself to a very nice tip.
This made me think, if he averages 250 dollars per table. Gets say a 40 dollar tip, does 10 tables a night, thats 400 bucks a night under the table. Thats pretty good, I also think my numbers may be conservative.
Overall I would go back again, great steak and good for a once in a blue moon type place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That place sounds delicious, I'd like to try it. I'll be sure and load up my wallet. It's funny that as a kid you would rather have a hot dog than steak!
ReplyDeleteOh and if nursing doesn't work out see if you can get a waitering job at that joint!
OMG That's a whole lotta cash for steak....you could have bought half a cow ! As long as you enjoyed it, that is what matters most. Don't worry about taking me there next time I visit. I'll be happy with McDonalds.
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmmmmm...I sure love my steak! A good steak is worth the money you pay for it. $170.00 for a steak for 4? Not bad for that "once in a blue moon" binge. Mom and I are saving our pennies now for that place when we come down there....not sure if I'll treat, but maybe split your half. :-)
ReplyDeletehahaha we can split on that joint. Its pricey.
ReplyDeleteIt was very good. If you come down and visit we will try some other places. I was on yelp.com and there are rest. that are 200 dollars + PER PERSON...yikes.